COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS
Maralee’s Dance Productions & Design, LLC
Updated Fall Season 8/22/2021
Due to the 2019-2020 outbreak of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), Maralee’s Dance is taking extra precautions to include health questionnaire of dancers/staff, mandatory mask wearing, and enhanced sanitation/disinfection procedures in accordance with the most recent guidance and protocols issued by the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Oregon State Department for Health Services (OHA) for slowing the spread of COVID-19 and other viruses.
All our in-studio classes at Maralee’s Dance Productions will be STRICTLY following these
procedures to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 & variant.
Fall Dance Program starts 9/20/21 – 6/17/22
*Please Note: It is difficult and we cannot guarantee to implement the same level of safety measures; 6+ feet of social distancing guidelines, and no contact of instructors & others without the possible help & instruction of parents. Please explain to your dancer our guidelines. (thank you)
As the state risk management changes, we will continue with the wearing of face coverings to and from dance class. – Thank you for your understanding as we want to continue to remain open for our community.
Class Participation Procedures:
1. In-Studio Classes -
a. Parents will need to log in their portals to acknowledge our NEW RELEASE WAIVER FORMS. This MUST be completed before joining IN-PERSON Class.
b. Classes are limited to space and will not be over capacity at any point of time for our in-person classes.
c. We will have a door monitor for check in and departing of procedures.
d. Students cannot attend the in-person class at any time if they are head-achy, feverish, or sick. Please notify instructor when ill or absent.
2. Student Drop off & Check in;
a. Students must wear a mask or face covering coming to and from the dance studio, during class and or present CDC Form requirements. We will have disposable masks available at $2.00 and if for some reason you or your dancer arrives without a mask or covering at time of check in, we will supply a mask, and charge your family portal.
*Maralee’s Adjustable Lanyard Masks $7.50; are the perfect dancer mask they are soft, they stay around their necks & are adjustable for littles and adults. We have added soft Merv13 filters. Mask and filter are washable. $7.50 ea. Includes Merv13 filters. **Use link below
b. please have dancers bring all dance shoes and belonging in a dance bag or back pack.
*Maralee’s Dance Boutique site has many items ready to order; your dancer can pick up their ordered item when they check in for their class. **Use the link below for Maralee’s Dance Boutique: https://maralees-dance-productions-design-llc-100178.square.site/
c. Dancers will need required Maralee’s CDC form filled out each day they attend class.
d. Temperatures will be taken and recorded on dancers CDC forms. (Forms are kept for contact tracing up to 6 weeks then shredded).
3. Students can be dropped off at our current unloading area (Fir Street Sidewalk area). Entry for students only, parents/family members and friends are prohibited inside the studio at this time. Parents/guardians walking up with dancer are required to wear a mask or face covering. *(watch emails for changing updates)
4. Students shouldn’t arrive - NO SOONER OR LATER than 5 min prior or past the class start time.
5. Our lobby area is currently closed, and is used for our exit procedures during this time. *Parents of young students may bring their dancer to door at check in, but are required to wear face coverings. We are limited on space capacity in the building due to restrictions and guidelines for social distancing. Please wait outside /in their cars until pick up, BUT not in our parking area.
6. Our restrooms will be open for our dancers and instructors. They will be cleaned at the end of each class. We now have touch-less soap dispenser and paper towels for hand cleaning/drying, and have toilet seat coverings available.
7. Students will need to bring their own water bottle. Water station in the studio has to remain closed & not available for use of students. We do have water bottles for purchase .50 cents each. We will charge to your family accounts as they are needed.
8. Students should avoid contact with as many surfaces or people in the studio as possible. No touching of the instructors. Our instructors are required to wear face coverings & will be cleaning all surfaces at the end of each class this includes: dance Barres, disinfecting dance floors, wiping down restroom and spray disinfectant in air.
9. Students/ Instructors will sanitize hands while entering their dance class and at the end of classupon leaving the studio. Our studio is equipped with hand sanitizers by the door and plenty of cleaning sprays/ wipes, and face masks. Students will dance in their assigned grids marked on our studio floors. These spots are measured to be 6 to 8 feet away from each other allowing for social distancing in the studio.
~ Classroom A = 20’ X 50’ (24’ tall enclosed ceiling)
~ Classroom B = 24’ X 60’ (open air ceiling concept) with exhaust fan leading outside.
*We have continuous air flow in each studio; we have added new box fans that are equipped with Merv13 filters for quality air flow.
10. Picking up your dancer:
*Fall Season drop off/ pick up can be a bit confusing in the beginning, as our new dance families learning the system and our neighboring businesses getting use to us being back in session.
a. As you turn onto the small alley like drive (along front of studio building) you’ll see the fence line to your left, please follow all the way down to lower parking areas circle around, pull up & line up along fence.
b. Once you see door monitor or dancers being released, please pull forward along fence – your dancer may be walked out to your car in case our parking spots may be occupied by one of neighbors clients (in front of our studio doors) for pick up. We will do our best to have your dancer ready for pick up as we see & recognize cars lining up. If your dancer is not ready when you drive in the parking area, please circle back to the lineup so we can keep the cars flowing as best as possible. Thank you.
~ We may switch pick up in the same area of drop off – watch for emails!
~ We have recently installed additional lighting on the corner of the studio building for our drop off and pick up areas.
*Please be patient during the start of the Season as our new schedule adjustment period will affect our neighboring businesses.